Masala Curry Recipe
This tasty dish fulfills my Indian cravings …. which happen quite frequently.
This dish makes enough for 2 people, without leftovers. Double it if feeding more people, or if you would like some to spare for the rest of the week 🙂
- 1/3 cup onions
- 1/3 cup tomatoes
- 1 tsp chopped or grated ginger
- 1 tbsp mushroom powder (mushroom powder is dehydrated mushrooms ground up in a food prep/blender into a powder. I hate mushrooms, and after figuring out that I LOVE mushroom powder, I realized my relationship with mushrooms is a texture issue.) This is a really easy item to store in a mason jar or extra spice container.
- 1 spoon garlic
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup potatoes, diced into small pieces
- 2 large carrots, diced into small chunks
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cups + more as needed H20 or Vegetable broth
- Tomato Paste (add in to taste preferences at end)
- Coconut milk or cream (add in to taste preferences at end)
- 1 cup rice – Basmati or Jasmine (cook according to directions)
Saute the onions, tomatoes and garlic in oil until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the water, tomato paste and coconut milk, and saute about 10 minutes. Add about 1.5 cups of the water to begin. If the curry is drying out before the potatoes and carrots are soft, continue adding more water (play with the water based on how your dish is reacting). When the veggies are soft, and in tomato paste and coconut milk or cream to your liking.
Serve over rice and enjoy! Feel free to add in other veggies as well 🙂