This recipe is just what I had been searching for. Make it up each time you make tacos, or if tacos are a popular rotation in your house, make up a batch and throw it in a small mason jar. Mix it in with your meat when cooking and you’re good to go!
1 tbsp chili powder ; 1/4 tsp garlic powder; 1/4 tsp cayenne; 1/4 tsp dried oregano; 1/2 tsp paprika; 1.5 tsp ground cumin; 1 tsp salt; 1 tsp black pepper
*Note: when I make chorizo tacos, I lighten up on the amount of seasoning I throw in since chorizo already has a kick to it.
My favorite Tacos….
(I love the small soft authentic corn shells & the chia seed shells at Trader Joes ; heat the shells over an oiled pan for about 20 seconds on each side & do not overfill the tacos- Simply make more! )
- Shrimp (sprinkle fresh lime juice on while sautéing) + Chorizo (lighten up on the seasoning) + sautéed onions + corn + avacado + mozerella cheese + cilantro
- Seasoned organic grass fed ground beef + refried beans + Rice +corn + Cilantro + Cheese of choice
- Chorizo + spinach + corn + black beans + cilantro + avocado + feta crumbles (Michael likes the feta, I am not a fan of feta in general)
- Seasoned organic grass fed ground beef + spinach + black beans + Bacon + avacado + Cheese of Choice
- Vegan: Tomato Rice/Cilantro Lime Rice + black beans + red onion + avocado + Chimichurri Sauce + optional: Cheese (if not vegan)
*** Top or Serve with Guac / Salsa & Corn Chips
** Refried Beans can be used in substitution of Black Beans
** Tomato Rice or Cilantro Lime Rice are great additions
*Chimichurri sauce is a delicious topping on any taco!
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup fresh italian parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground
Ground black pepper
Blend in a blender and Enjoy!
If you liked the Chimichurri recipe, check out more great recipes by